Friday, May 25, 2007

So we're back from China and back from the beach trip! After we came back from China, we just checked in with the boys, mowed the lawn and the next morning we headed to the sailboat. Duane needed a little vacation after the tough work in Beijing. I, of course, did nothing tough in China!

This is at the tip of Cape Lookout....we wandered from the protected "bight" over the sand dunes to the Atlantic view.


We were the only ones for miles! This is our dingy pulled up out onto the shore so we could go walking. I understand that weekend days in the summer that this place is swarming with powerboats. I think mid-week in the spring is better!


Just a photo of the boat anchored near Beaufort.


This is my string of flags...the top one is the Oriental, NC flag. Next is a set of flags that supposedly means "come over to our boat for a drink!" - that I got by sending in several corks from Pusser's Rum from BVI. The bottom flag is the BVI flag. Just for fun.
Duane found the prettiest shell I think I've ever actually seen (not in a souvenir shop) laying on the shore. Cape Lookout had a huge number of really pretty shells.


One last boat photo...ran across this one in Beaufort - I'm sure this is Hagen Das ice cream....there are two little "dots" over the "O" in Frozen. Cute.


My lovely sis made this top for me for my birthday. I found it in the garage this morning - the mail-lady sometimes scoots things under the garage door that we leave open a foot for the dogs. There was no one else around to take the photo, so I decided this would be a good way to do it...I think I look kindof weird. Maybe because it's "mirror image" (haha) of how photos of me usually look..it fits wonderfully, thank you very much. And the color is my fav! Gotta work on some pale green underwear.....


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The beach does look inviting. The sweater is very nice, too. Interesting way to make a picture. Everything in your bedroom is reversed!! E

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - Happy Birthday - the Sweater looks great on ya!

The beach trip looks like a lot of fun too.

Love and see you soon,

T