Monday, March 10, 2008

I know, it's been a while since I posted....I've been busy partying lately!!

We had our pre-charter wine tasting event Saturday night. Buddy and Sharon came up from Greenville - and Dick & Lindy and Pat & Diane came over.


But first - I'll show you the wonderful Painkiller Cake that I made. Here's the link - http://www.bvipirate.com/IslandRecipes/PainkillerCake.html -
It's a really, really moist pineapple/coconut cake named after the signature beverage of Jost-van-dyke in BVI. Yummy.


Here's the ridiculous sweet glaze for the cake -rum, orange liquor, juice, etc.


The finished cake...

I set up the wine tasting bottles - these are all available from the wine shop in BVI. You order your food and beverages ahead of time there. I just wanted to taste them before hand so that we would have an idea of how to provision the boat.


We tasted each of the wines separately and "scored" them on a grid. I think it was a tie between two Australian reds- Penfolds brand. Of course, the girls all liked the white zinfandel wine, so we'll probably wimp out and order that very generic wine also!

Our wine-pouring expert, Pat:


Everyone is happy:
Yep, very happy:

And very relaxed- watching the Duke/Carolina game:

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you are all having fun just planning a trip. Imagine what fun the trip will be. E

affectioknit2 said...

That looks like fun - I'll veganize that cake 'fer sure'.

Love,

T

Karen said...

..i didn't save the cake mix box - is that vegan? the pudding mix is not...but the rum, juice and cream of coconut kill nothing but plants! love, k

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - I can get a vegan cake mix - or just use my trusty yellow cake recipe...

love,

T