Sunday, March 02, 2008

We spent the good part of the day "dragging brush". The area between the house and the runway had alot of underbrush and extra little trees. Duane cut out the large ones with the chainsaw and the small sprigs/grapevines/briers with "nippers". Now it looks all nice and "manicured". Where you see brown here is newly cleared...



Most of my "regular" daffodils are in full bloom now - didn't get hurt by the recent cold spell. The "regular" ones are from Mom's "border" next to the driveway (I don't think the border is still there like it was when I was growing up...) I took some to New Hill - then dug some of them up when we built this house.

This is a patch of daffodils that I planted from store-bought bulbs. They are much thicker stemmed and bloom several weeks after my others. They are pretty and interesting though- they've got more that one set of petals. They're not quite open yet....


The "thrift" is blooming - this stuff blooms all summer long - and seems to be fine in a drought. Good stuff!

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

More pretty Daffies - I'll send you some SNOW pictures...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

Cleared out trees make a big difference and this is just the time of year to do it, nice enough to work outdoors and before the wild brush comes out. E