Tuesday, March 18, 2008

There was an inspection due on our airplane - so I flew it over to Asheboro to the avionics shop yesterday. During the day, I took the "courtesy car" - (Robert's old Blazer, that is) into town to run my errands. At the end of the day, I loaded up all the "stuff" - Duane's shirts from the cleaners, some groceries, and all my paraphernalia - in the back just like a station wagon (hehe - guess that's why they named our airplane a "Cessna Stationaire"!!

OK, now my sister will not be happy with the rest of this post...yucky for the vegans of the world!! I only did this for Richard...

He had read on the internet on some undoubtedly male website about a "baconburger" - not a hamburger with bacon on top, but a burger made COMPLETELY out of bacon...

The idea was to grind a pound of bacon in the food processor (or meat grinder if you had one, which I don't). Amazingly, it comes out looking pretty much like greasy hamburger.

Shape this into a patty and fry it up!



As I suspected, it didn't hold together so well - but I was careful with the spatula.


Pretty ridiculous, really - I didn't have any buns, so it ended up being a sandwich instead of a burger. He enjoyed it - as I handed it to him I said "this is a heart attack waiting to happen!"

4 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

I loved the stationaire - that's cute - but that burger ARGHH!

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

At least he had some cheese and lettuce, healthy, right? Just add a slice of tomatoe and he would have a BLT. I first thought it would be like a sausage patty but I guess the seasonings are different. Nice taxi you have there. By the way, we saw your friend Bob at our Wings Weekend.E

Karen said...

hey, yeah - i thought the same thing about the blt....but richard is like keith - he pulls a tomato off a sandwich, so i didn't bother.

love, k

Karen said...

oh, forgot - the melty white stuff is pepper-jack cheese - that was on the website i used to guide me (and i happened to have some on hand....)