Sunday, November 29, 2015

A little "fix-up" at the Siler City Airport

The airport terminal building is in need of some TLC....it's gotten cluttered over the years.  Plus, the "decor" has not been changed in almost 20 years!!

Here's a view from this morning.  Duane and I painted the entire terminal building and put up that wallpaper border when the boys were 6 and 7 years old!!! 



The clutter just "happens" over the years.



But, we're doing a "ribbon cutting" ceremony in a few weeks - to "open" the new runway.  I wanted to get things a little "spiffy" for that.


So, I got busy - tearing off the wallpaper border.  Patching holes in the walls.  Removing clutter.



I chose a grey-ish color that I thought would blend well with the carpet/baseboard.



And that's about it for now!  I'll do a little more "decorating" to spruce it up a little.


And I've still got plenty of painting to do.....that was just all I had time for today!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I remember that...of course I like the (off) white walls...and everything sure does look nice!

Love,

T