Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Honey Baked Ham Store Madness!

I told Granny that I would pick up a Honey Baked Ham and tote it to her house for Thanksgiving dinner.  That way, there would be easy-to-serve meat available (to those who could eat it!!)

The Honey Baked Store is in a little strip mall between Chapel Hill and Durham.  As I approached, I started seeing a line of cars parked on both sides of the road.


It was really strange seeing that many cars since there is only a muffler shop and a couple of other small shops nearby.



But it was soon clear that they were, in fact, headed to the same place I was.  A heated tent - I thought it might be a extra sales booth.....but it was just a sheltered way to stage the customers to enter the actual store.


But, hey, I'd already driven 45 minutes....so I got in line.  This is the scene inside the store.  I only waited about 30 minutes.  Had some nice conversations with folks standing in line.  Everyone was in a holiday cheer and I didn't hear a single complaint about the way!

 The store is actually run pretty efficiently.  Plus they had some nice samples handed out along the way.  I, of course, couldn't try the ham....but their streusel cake, blueberry crumb cake, and cranberry relish were delish!  Hope those who eat the ham enjoy my sacrificed time!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That is definitely crazy...

Love,

T