Friday, December 05, 2008

Old Friend in a New Airplane

Sometimes, at the airport, we have customers that just seem to disappear - no, I didn't mean the "bad" disappear.....

I had a fellow that used to fly his twin regularly from the Greensboro airport for fuel...about every few days. This went on for several years. Then about two years ago, I noticed that he never flew in anymore....I had heard thru the grapevine that he was building his own airplane.

Yesterday, I heard a voice on the radio that I recognized - and he called me by name as he was approaching the airport. I usually identify pilots by their voice and/or"N-Number". I just couldn't put the voice and N-number together with anyone I recognized. So, I was happy to put two-and-two together when he opened his cockpit! Good to see him back in the air - this was his 3rd hour in the plane - he has to fly 40 hrs in the area before he is allowed to venture out due to FAA regulations. He'll be painting the airplane soon - when he gets a good weather window. Congrats David!


3 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

WOW! That's pretty impressive! I like it silver 'though...

Love,

T

~ Denise ~ said...

What a cool plane...and the fact that he built it? Incredibly talented, I'm sure. ;)

Elizabeth said...

Nice Plane !! E