Saturday, March 14, 2009

Garden Plans

Like everyone, I'm feeling uneasy about "the economy"....I'm trying to be pretty conservative about everything right now. Less unnecessary driving, less eating out, etc. And I'm going to do a small garden this year. (I usually get lots of garden goodies from our neighbor, Cordy/Pat and Mom/Frank - but this year I feel like having my own again. I still, of course, will be the happy recipient of any surplus anyone wants to send my way!!)

With our little warm spell beckoning me outdoors, I planted a tray of seed. Just the things I really like fresh - tomatoes, grape tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, peppers. And some basil and cilantro!


I also started several different flower seeds - a couple of them were freebies enclosed in my gardening magazine that Keith and Denise gave me.

I'll post more as the seedlings start to sprout!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

How nice to be planting already - our garden is still under 3+ feet of snow...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

I guess that is a hint that I should start my seedlings, especially since I have such a nice greenhouse and plenty of supplies. I'm looking forward to it. E