Friday, March 20, 2009

Pretty Amaryllis

This pretty amaryllis is several years old now. I'm assuming it's one my grandmother gave me for Christmas one year. I'm always amazed when it decides to send up the "shoot" every year. I do absolutely nothing to it all year - just water it a few times. This was taken over a month ago when I first saw the "pod" start to form.


Here is is this morning - about 3' tall and just about to burst.



I'm afraid I might miss the best of the flower - we are heading to the boat....hope it's still pretty when we get home!

4 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

The last picture is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see another shot when you get back. Have fun! ;)

affectioknit said...

I'm sure it will still be pretty - y'all have fun!!!

Love,

T

Just Marianne said...

Pretty flower! Ok, it's Saturday and now I know why I don't see a post from you already today..........you're on the boat!
Enjoy the weekend and post pictures on Monday. I'll be stalking.....er waiting!
Oh and I'll see you Wednesday. Want me to bring any food or drink or wine?

Karen said...

hey marianne - we actually pay for a weekend of wireless internet from a company that caters to the sailboat crowd in oriental.

we're just being lazy right now, so there's not much to post unless i posted a photo of me laying around eating cheeto's and reading a book (about sailing...)

i am going to whip up a few nibbly things for wednesday. you're welcome to bring a bottle of wine - i'll have a few on hand also wink,wink...