Monday, March 02, 2009

Southern Snow Number Two!!

Couldn't resist posting some more SNOW photos! I can't believe we're in March and covered in snow again! Aren't we supposed to be seeing spring already? You North Dakotians just hush....

We're going to get down to 12 degrees according to the Weather Channel forecast tonight, so I decided to bring in a bunch of daffodils. I assume that such low temps really will ruin them. I even brought some stems that were just buds hoping that they will bloom in the vase in a day or so. Note the pretty white/yellow ones. They are the ones that bloom a little later than my plain-jane hand-me-down "jonquils" from Mom's house.


So here are the gratuitous snow photos. It is a really pretty snow, clinging nicely to the trees.


It only accumulated about 3 inches on the deck this time- the roads were fairly clear.




Lots of branches were snow-laden hanging low down the driveway.


By the time I got to the airport this morning, most of the snow had melted on the ramp...just a blanket covered each of the airplanes.


Pretty scene thru the trees! OK, I'm ready for that spring that is forecast this weekend!!!

6 comments:

Just Marianne said...

Looks like my house! So it's 123 White Lane, Snowyville, NC!

Elizabeth said...

You got more snow than we did, and it is pretty there. E

Miranda said...

I was looking through your old posts for one of my favorite pictures of Richard (I can't find where I saved it!) and I discovered a picture of Robert's graduation where you can see me!

In the June 10, 2007 post, there's a caption "Anyway, we now have a high school honors graduate!!"

You can see me directly above the podium on the right!

Sorry, I was just really excited to have been in your blog before meeting you! =)

Miranda

Karen said...

Hey Miranda! how cool is that? I went and looked at that photo - you're also in the photo above it - you can see better if you click on the photo to enlarge it. I got better photos of you at Robert's graduation than I did at your own! I took about 30 photos in succession as you were walking across and every one of them was blurry. But the photo of you and Richard afterward was very nice! Hope you're feeling better and the paper turned out good! Love, K

affectioknit said...

Nice snow - we hardly ever get the 'wet' variety that clings so well to the trees - but we often get a very heavy frost that's almost as pretty...

Love,

T

Joyce Mineer said...

Good morning Karen! It really was something to wake up to Monday morning, wasn't it? But, as beautiful as it was, I'm ready for the 70+ temps they're calling for this weekend! It's Pig Pickin' time at church on Saturday and it looks like we'll have a perfect day for it! And, BTW, love your hand-me-down from mom's house jonquils!!! One of my all time, simple favs!!