Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tomato soup!

I was hungry this morning....but I didn't really bring my proper lunch today. So, I went foraging on top of the refrigerator at the airport. This is where various food is stored and sometimes forgotten by the various employees. There have been a couple of cans of Campbell's Tomato Soup there for, I think, a year or so. Hmmmm, thought to myself "it's a chilly morning, I think I'll have some soup!"....


Well, it's been literally years since I've had tomato soup. This is as far as I got - first few "slurps" were fun. If I'd had some saltines or Ritz crackers, it would have been pure nostalgia. But, the saltiness got the better of me and I could eat no more! Wonder how big the pile of salt would be if they separated it from the soup - scary, I bet!!!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Yep! I've heard that there's a bunch of salt in tomato soup - it's vegan by the way...Scout likes it for dipping a grilled cheese into but he never eats the soup...

Love,

T

Miranda said...

Ahaha, now you see why I'd been avoiding that tomato soup? Haha! I always think it's too sweet rather than too salty! It's kind of creepy sweet, like ketchup to me... I usually add salt, I really would rather it taste like hot tomato juice! Mmm, tomato juice...