Sunday, June 03, 2007

My neighbor gave me a huge Chinese cabbage. It was about 2' around. I removed the outer leaves and cooked them. The remaining head you see here went into the fridge for use in a slaw/salad that I'm going to make for Robert's graduation cookout.

I also made some garbage cookies for a get-together Thursday. Hey, I'm lazy - I know the recipe without looking - and I always keep the ingredients on-hand. Everyone seems to like them.

The first Saturday in June is always hectic - the Asheboro Airport always has a fly-in/airshow on that date. So, I flew over Saturday morning to help out. You can see from the sky that we're finally going to get some of the extremely needed rain....it was a good fly-in - about 60 planes came and the public enjoyed a nice, overcast day. Sometimes, this show is dreadfully hot - walking around on the pavement in 90+ degrees is pretty painful!

Then, I flew back to the house to get ready for the other yearly event that happens on the first Saturday of June - Steve and Gretchen's costume/theme party at the other end of the runway. As you can see, this year's theme was Pirates! ARRGGGHH!!

They had a judging of all the costumes - image that - 40 adults playing dress-up. Duane didn't come forward for the judging - just a little too much for him, I think!

Here's Pat and Diane - their costumes were great, as usual. Diane spends ALOT of time on them.
A good time was had by all - here's Dick (my garden friend), Lindy and Diane having a threesome dance.





Gotta run- time to buckle down and get some things done for this coming weekend!!!!


2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

That looks like a lot of fun - I had not seen the compass rose finished - very nice - I showed the Man-Cub that page when we were doing our beltloop requirements for the Maps and Compass...

Your costumes look great too. I wish the Man-Cub would chose pirate for Halloween one year - that would be fun to make...

Love ya,

T

Elizabeth said...

Too bad Duane didn't get judged, looks like he might have won. By the way, who did win? E