Monday, March 24, 2008

We had a fairly busy weekend - Saturday was absolutely gorgeous weather....

Duane and Richard are plugging away at his car "refurbishment"....

Here is the old engine - they're "disassembling" it to transfer over the parts to the new engine. I guess it's not just "unbolt one, bolt on the new one"...


Old parts that got thoroughly cleaned and de-greased.

Assorted other parts to be re-installed...an amazing amount of these...I don't know how they keep track of it all.

But, I know that it will eventually be all packed back into the engine compartment just like new!! Here's the gapping hole!




Now on to sunnier subjects!!

I went to Lowe's to pick up some solvent for the above project....just couldn't resist getting a headstart on the flower beds because it was sunny and 75 degrees.


I came home and started working on the deck - weeding out the weeds and plants that made it thru the winter.

I was over-run last year with Dianthus - I think they are supposed to be an annual plant - but they seem to make it thru the winter every year. I'm tired of them on my deck, so I scooped them all out of there pots and took them down to the flower beds near the hangar.



This is the last of the Dianthus - it looks a bit spindly in the ground right now, but it will take hold and be a source of much prettiness this summer!
Couldn't resist a shot of the latest addition to the daffodil family - strange how I have 4 different sets of daffodils that bloom at different times....The "cup" is actually quite orange. The photo is not true to life here....

While I was doing some digging in the flower bed, a beautiful butterfly wandered up and "flitted" around. I snapped about 30 shots of him(her) moving about.

This one was the best, in focus shot!


Here are the "spoils" from Lowe's...petunias, pansies, snapdraggons and a few marigolds.



I decided that I should plant them in pots and set them out in the flower beds. This way, I can retrieve them for the next few weeks if we get a frost warning.



Pots in place - they don't look like much right now, but in a few weeks they should be full and colorful!! Fun day - but I was actually quite tired from all the gardening!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad the car is progressing. The flowers are very pretty. Good idea to kept them in pots until frost is over. E

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - nice work on the car and garden - when I have a project like that I video tape the taking apart and then I can watch it in reverse for the re-assembly - it works for dolls and computers - should work for cars too - 'course if your memory is of the photographic sort you won't need to do that.

Love,

T