Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another foodie post.....I haven't been using my grill lately - mostly because I was out of propane and too lazy to go get a refill. But Friday was errand day and I went over to the local Southern States Farm Supply and got my refill.

So I had to use it!

I've mentioned the spice that my brother gave me - Calgary Chicken Spice - that I absolutely love. Here I use it generously... My trick for tender chicken on the grill it to cook it in beer or wine first, then transfer it to the grill. Keeps it moist and adds flavor - no grease required.



The meal for the night is to be a fresh Caesar Salad - but I forgot to pick up croutons. So, I just sprinkled olive oil on some hot dog buns, sprinkled spices and cut them up into small pieces. Then I just put them on the top shelf of the grill to dry out.


The result was actually quite good - light and crispy - and I didn't have to turn on the oven to do it!


Here's the yummy tender grilled chicken...


Add some parmesan cheese, dressing and a bunch of Danish Blue Cheese - Yum!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That really looks good. We enjoyed the kids this weekend. They saw all the picture albums of Richard growing up. Lots of fun. E

affectioknit2 said...

Our grill is still on the back deck - it blew over with all the wind we've been having - so we righted it and put it up against the house...