Saturday, June 28, 2008

Greetings from Belhaven!! We are on the boat now - there is free wi-fi in the marina....

It was a long sail - we left Oriental about 9AM and arrived Belhaven at 4:30PM. Caught this barge on the way - I'm always fascinated by the small "tugs" (actually - a closer description would be "pusher")



Getting close to our destination - Duane is putting the sail in order.
This is out of order, but I kept trying to get 8 knots reading on the GPS - we actually had periods of good wind.


The navigational markers usually have a bird or two in residence - don't know what these are - maybe someone with a bird watchers guide can clue me...I don't think they are bald eagles - even though this photo looks like their heads are white, other photos I took in the same sequence shows a brown head....
This is the breakwater approaching Belhaven - it's a fairly protected harbor
Glory Days at the River Forest Manor Marina...ahhh air conditioning....it's only 92 outside!
So don't look next if you're weak stomach-ed - I had a 'incident' with my freezer door.....it fell on my finger - trapping it....kindof hurt!! Not sure that fingernail will stay on....we'll see. If not, I'll be obliged to post a gross photo of that too....by the way - the pinkie finger is not used much in typing!!



2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

OUCH - everything else looks like fun 'though!

Elizabeth said...

Those fingernail injuries are the worst. Remember the acid? Looks like you had a good time on your sail. E