Monday, April 12, 2010

This and That

We go thru a lot of flags at the airports - the flag poles are lighted and therefore we can leave the flags up 24 hours a day.

Luckily, I have the local Boy Scout Troop to properly dispose of them. I was cleaning the closet at the airport the other day and decided it was time to take them. No one was at the Scout Hut when I was passing by - so I left them on the doorstep. It was only a few hours until their regular meeting, so I'm sure they handled them properly.




Thought I'd update you on the Pittsboro Courthouse. They are starting to remove all the rubbish from inside the brick walls. I don't think they've pinned down the details, but they are planning to rebuild it using the existing brick walls. This is a view from a couple of blocks away - you can now see completely thru the building - and of course, the domed roof and clock tower are gone...it will be nice to see it back to normal. They appear to be working on it 24 hrs a day - illuminated by floodlights.


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That's nice about the flags - and I really do hope that they put the courthouse back exactly like it was!

Love,

T