Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Box Fun - Samaritan's Purse

My sis introduced me to the Samaritan's Purse Christmas Child program - what a great way to send a gift to a needy child!

It's easy and fun - just get a ordinary shoe box - for fun you can wrap it in pretty paper.


You get to choose the age group of child for your box - and whether it's for a boy or girl. I chose a 10-14 yr old girl - since I didn't have many girls to buy gifts for over the years!

I just picked up lots of school supplies, some fun toiletries and a little candy.

After I sorted it all out, I was afraid I had gotten too much for the box!


But, amazingly, it all fit in snug!


I wrote a nice little note to the girl - telling her a little about myself. And I included a stamped envelope in hope that she will be able to write me back.




Two boxes ready to go!



Then off to the local drop off location - the Pittsboro Baptist Church.

Go on - you've got a few more days - do one yourself - it's good fun!


3 comments:

affectioknit said...

YAY! Wasn't that fun! I'm so glad you packed a couple of boxes! I like to go on the pink aisle too - I don't have much experience with that...hehe...

Love,

T

Just Marianne said...

Looks like fun! If I get some time, maybe I'll do that. It may be a nice diversion. Thanks for the message!

Miranda said...

My friends' church used to do that and it was called "Operation Christmas Child" or something like that... Anyway, the church accumulated all the stuff during the year and then at about this time my mom would take me there and we would help wrap shoe boxes and pack them! I remember it being lots of fun and I really want to do it this year again! =)

P.S. - Your box looked so much fun! If I was a little girl I would be very excited! (I especially liked the stuffed pig, haha!)