Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Airplane Painting

OK, so this post really doesn't have much to do with me....Duane spent last rainy weekend doing the finishing touches on the paint for the airplane. He did the base painting last fall. But, cold weather came on, and 60 degrees is about as cold as you can reasonably paint. And we're above 60 degrees now!!

I had an allergy/headache weekend...so I was not helpful at all. I laid around and took drugs and snoozed. Meanwhile, Duane was busy!

Here's a "before" photo. We (yes, I helped!) had repaired some imperfections and painted the front cowling the base color before it got cold. So, we just flew it with no stripes!




I'll go on and show off the finished product - isn't it lovely?




Here's the progression - masked and taped for the orange stripe....


First coat of orange - a second was applied....



Re-tape and paint the brown stripe.....(a day later)



Partial removal of the masking......



All done! So nice!!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

BEEEAAAUUUUTIFUL!

Love,

T