Thursday, December 01, 2011

Yummy lettuce from the garden

I had planted a 99 cent package of  "Variety Lettuce" in my little fall garden.  I am actually surprised that the deer have left it alone.  (They've eaten the radish greens instead....go figure!!)

We had freezing temperatures finally, so I thought I'd better get me one last salad:







I can't identify all the different greens - I see Chard, Arugula and various red/green leaf lettuce.  The Arugula was actually quiet "peppery", but the others were very mild and crisp.   I've got enough in the fridge of a few more salads if it doesn't wilt.   Now all I have in the garden is onions and collards.  Looking forward to a batch of "frosted" collards next - I've read that they get a sweeter flavor once they've been exposed to frost.  I'll let ya know!!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

YUM! Arugula is my favorite...and the boys hate it...so...more for me...HA!

Love,

T