Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Remembering

Our friend Denny passed away yesterday. It was fairly unexpected.

I'd just like to tell you a little about Denny. I have seen him seems like every week at the airport or EAA meeting for the past 16 years. He was such a "ladies man" - always calling you "love". Well, me anyway! I presume that I was not the only lady he called that, but it's sweet to hear anyway!

A couple of years ago, he must have been playing with a new camera when he came to the airport. Someone (I don't know who) took this photo with his camera.


And for the past few years, Denny would get out of his plane and say "I've already seen you today!!" as he gave me his patented hug. He'd already seen me because (he said) his computer had a affinity to chose the photo above to splash up on his screensaver. He said it every time and it became our little "in the know" joke. I'm glad his wife, Rita, was such a good sport about his affection for all females!

Denny had moved to slower and slower airplanes as he "slowed down" himself....but it was a pleasure to have known him!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Oh no!...I'm so sorry...it's so sad to lose a friend...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

He was quite a character. Adventurous and flirty. Sorry to hear he is gone. MOM