Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More veggies

What can I say, it's that time of the year!!

I don't even need to show you what was going to happen to these squash.....cornmeal, oil, onions. Ummmm.



But this might need just a bit of discussion.  A fellow that was working on his airplane at the airport Friday brought by a box of "Candor Peaches".  After everyone took a few, I was left with a good size bagful.  This is all that remained by Sunday afternoon - and they were getting pretty soft.  I decided that some peach salsa might be a yummy treat!



Add some tomatoes and some hot peppers from Lindy's garden...onions, spices and some sugar.


Chopped up into tidbits.....



There you go!  Peach salsa!  It's quite good if I do say so myself!!!


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM! I love Peach salsa...I've never made my own though...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

I'm jealous that you have peaches. I would never have let them get soft enough to make salsa. I would have eaten them or make preserves. I must get me some fresh peaches before they are gone for the year!!