Monday, December 10, 2012

Trip to the metal recycle business


This weekend, we did some cleaning in the garage - we had an old metal desk that we got surplus from CP&L back when we lived in New Hill...it ended up just being another place to throw junk. So, we loaded it up in the pickup and I made a trip to the local metal recycle place. You may recall that my last similar trip ended up with me in the emergency room for stitches....not so this time. I made a clean get-away with a few bucks for my trouble. Fun to watch the huge magnet/crane lift the 200 lb desk like it was a fly.






2 comments:

affectioknit said...

I was with you when you got that desk...sort of sorry to see it go...neat the way they get it out of the truck though...

Love,

T

Karen said...

oh, i had forgotten that!! new hill memories....