Saturday, February 02, 2013

Fun with tortillas

My mom and Frank gave us some "forms" to make-your-own taco salad shells for Christmas....and I just hadn't gotten around to trying them yet until the other day. 



Here is the resulting baked shell.  It's just a generic flour tortilla....a bit over cooked.  I had thrown the packaging away.....hmmmmm.   We actually tried this a second time a day later and I didn't cook them as long - they were just perfect and crispy.




But the entree was actually very good (and vegan....oh...except for the sour cream I added at the last minute).... just the shell, shredded lettuce, some mushrooms and onions that I had caramelized, and salsa.  Really, really good and fun to eat!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I love those - they are so cute!

fat free too I imagine!...

Love,

T