Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Ocracoke for Easter

We had planned to sail over to Ocracoke for Easter this year....but it was a bit chilly.  And leaving Oriental early in the morning for the 8 hour sail in 35 degree temps just sounded uncomfortable.

And because we have alternatives, we decided to fly instead! Sharon and Buddy sailed over on the ferry and picked us up at the airport.

On the ramp at the Ocracoke Airport.  Beautiful sky!




Ummm, nobody said I had to pack light!!


Just a fun long weekend....all the usual haunts were visited (the ones that were open, that is).  Our new favorite pub is Gaffers....they had a really nice table just for us.



Our friendly Daijio's bar was strangely empty.  Just a little early for "on-season" I guess.


Rode bikes out to the beach on a grey Easter Sunday.  Nice temps though..


I was trying to be "artsy-fartsy" with my camera.  Think I need a better camera for that!


And that's it, folks! 

I was so relaxed that I hardly pulled my camera out, so no silly "people shots".  Good time though!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

FUN!...and I like your artsy shot...

Love,

T