Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Green pepper storage solution - freeze them in ice cube trays!

It's about that time of the year again when the garden starts to wilt away as fall approaches.

This year, all I had left was several bell pepper plants.  My tomatoes was long withered.

I picked the bushes clean and had a sink full.  But, of course, they don't last too long raw. 

I washed them and simply ground to a course consistancy in my food processor.  Spooned the "soup" into ice cube trays....
.


And store them in the freezer in ziplock bags.  This way, for spaghetti or whatever, I just take out a few cubes and have instant fresh green-pepper flavor!



1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I love that idea...I store lots of things that way...especially flax seed goo...haha...but I use my muffin tins to freeze soup and beans and such into little half cup servings...

...glad your garden did so well this rainy summer!

Love,

T