Monday, April 28, 2014

Asparagus

I love asparagus!   Last spring, I planted a small row at the edge of my garden.  I read about it - you're not supposed to harvest at all the first year.  So I didn't.  It hurt me, but I didn't!    The asparagus shot up in spindly little shoots and eventually grew into little fern looking stems.

So, this year, I was looking forward to being able to harvest at least a little while.  Unfortunately, I may not have the knack for growing it....hard to see, but this is my measly asparagus patch.



And this is my total take for the spring unless it shoots up more!  Oh well - it is delicious - I ate a bite or two in the garden this morning!!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Pretty little asparagus...I've never grown it...but Judy did...and it just gets bigger every year...each of her spears became a little clump of spears...and if she let them mature they made huge bushy ferns...very pretty...

Love,

T