Saturday, January 24, 2015

Do-it-yourself 5' plastic folding poker table cover

We've been playing cards on a regular white plastic 5' round table folding table from Lowe's. I have been using a black polyester tablecloth - which worked fine but eventually got little "pills" on it. And it would slide off the edge sometimes. So, I was looking for a better solution..... I ordered some 72" wide cloth from Ebay. It's a little hard to find since most cloth is 60" wide at the most.

Here it is just draped over the table.


I wanted a fitted look....so I used the black table cloth as a pattern.


And just free-hand cut the green cloth.  Not too terribly important to be accurate since the fitted look will be done with a drawstring taking up any slack.


I just sewed a little pocket all the way around the circumference of the cloth.  Boy, a 6' circle is a LONG way to sew!



Here is the underside of the table with the cover "cinched".



And here is the finished product.  I think we'll like it!


3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Very very nice and it looks like a professional card table now...green felt is traditional for that right?...

Love,

T

Karen said...

hey - yeah, green felt is traditional....this is closer to green "jersey" material. the function is to keep the cards from sliding too quickly across the table. it works great!

TheBestPokerSite said...


I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You.

Poker Table Chairs