Friday, May 22, 2015

Biking part of the American Tobacco Trail

Duane and I are trying to be a little more "fit" in our semi-retirement.

We loaded the bikes up on the pickup and took them over to New Hill to ride some on the American Tobacco Trail.  It is an abandoned railway that the various counties have made into a wonderful bike/pedestrian path.


Rather than take a paper map these days I just snap a photo of the "you are here" poster.  I can always take the phone out of my pocket and enlarge it.




We rode about 24 miles!!  12 miles, stopped  at a park just over the Durham County line for a rest and snack.   Good fun but harder than I thought (I think it was uphill both ways, haha!)

I was wobbly by the time we got back to New Hill!!



2 comments:

affectioknit said...

...that looks like fun...we used to do a lot of biking when we lived in Apex...now that we'll be back in the 'relatively' flat country...we'll have to break out the bicycles...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

That was an ambitious "first" ride. Looks like it went across the lake so a nice scenic ride. MOM