Saturday, September 12, 2015

Clams in the microwave

Since we had a plethora of clams....and not that many clam-eaters.....I had to give some away.  I accosted several folks on the Ocracoke dock and asked them if they wanted some free clams.  Many said they didn't eat clams. But I did get a few thankful takers!

I had to do something with the remaining clams - so I researched cooking them in the microwave.  That's about the only way I could do it on the boat as I don't have a pot big enough to steam them.

And I'll tell you they turned out wonderfully!

First line up the clams on the outer edge of a plate.



Cover with plastic wrap and punch holes in the center.




Pat snapped this strange photo of me with the first batch.



Cooked about 4-5 minutes just until they open - they were tender just like off the grill.



I had about 5 plate fulls  -  some I ate, but most I put in a container (with the yummy juice).  I froze it for use later in some clam chowder!

All the bounty utilized!



1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I like the photo of you too!

Love,

T