Friday, October 07, 2016

Bathroom tile update

After we upgraded our master bath sink/vanity, the bathroom itself just screams "update me too!!!" I love our double-shower/bathtub combo....but the "dusty rose" tile from 1995 are just not very stylish now...




So, we're going to install new tile!  Just replacing the colored tiles...leaving the plain bone tile in place.

First step is to "rough up" the existing tile.   Since the tile is in good shape, we can install new tile directly over the existing tile.





Next, we start laying out the tile in order to be able to cut all the angled/curved pieces.




Everything cut except the drain hole....I'll do that tomorrow!! 



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's going to make a nice change. I guess the colored tile on the walls will be an interesting project, too. MOM

affectioknit said...

That's going to be so pretty!...I love the new tile...

Love,

T