Tuesday, March 27, 2007


This photo is kindof weird, but I wanted to share this ridiculously easy dish that was super tasty. Yesterday, I was heating up the oven to bake some salmon - and I decided that I should just fill up the oven with dishes to take advantage of the heat that I was paying for.....so I whipped up a quick green bean casserole and seasoned some chicken tenders (to be used later as topping on Ceasar salad...) I had space for one more dish. I was going to steam some frozen broccoli to serve with the salmon- so I decided that maybe I could pop it in the oven also and not end up watching a pot on the stove.

All I did was take about 1/2 cup of parmesean cheese (maybe T can substitute?) and tossed it with the almost thawed broccoli. Put that in a covered pyrex dish and baked for about 45 min. Seemed too long, but the pieces stayed firm - just really sweet tasting - like a roasted onion, I guess. Yum!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good job of using oven heat. Broccoli and cheese sounds good, too. I'll try it. E

affectioknit2 said...

Yep - I can try that - my sweet sister sent me some vegan Parmesan for Christmas.

Love ya,

T