Monday, October 08, 2007

Robert came home for the first weekend since he's been at State. We didn't really do anything special. He went to his home high school football game and played with his old band. He seemed to be having a nice, relaxing weekend. In the guest room, of course! I was a little taken aback - he did his laundry the day before he came home!!! So I guess I don't get to fuss about "the college student lugging a big sack of clothes home for mom to wash!!".

I asked him to pose for a snapshot before he went back to school to prove that I actually saw him....Dad walked in just as I was ready to take the photo and started picking at him...nothing's changed much!!



After Robert left, Duane and I got in the airplane and went for a short flight - upon our return the phone rings - Richard has locked his keys in his trunk - IN STATESVILLE!!! He and a friend had gone to Hickory for the day for an "airsoft" (like paintball) outing....ugh ...so instead of a nice evening at home, we drove 2 hrs to pop his trunk open with the spare set of keys. I thought about getting a locksmith, but the charge for Sunday evening would have probably been enormous. It worked out nicely - I got to eat Chinese food on the way back!!

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

YUM - chinese food - sorry about the keys - remember I had an incident (my first ever) last month - it's pretty frustrating...

Love,

T

Karen said...

hey - oh yeah, forgot about that!!! yup, a real pain!! good lesson for richie rich - and worked out ok for us, i suppose!

love, k