Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chinook helicopter and Fall foliage

Yesterday we had a Chinook helicopter doing practice approaches at the airport. They're big and loud!! They never stop for fuel - I assume they're flying from Ft. Bragg or Pope Air Force base. If they were to taxi onto the ramp, all the dust/sand, etc. would make a mess!! They're cool to watch and listen to....




I snapped these photos on my way to work this morning. The leaves are starting to be very pretty....of course, we don't have the vistas from which to take pretty mountain photos....I sure hate the cold weather that comes with Fall!!!



2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Very pretty leaves - I love the variety of color in NC. I remember the big helicopters flying over New Hill a long time ago too...

Love,

T

Just Marianne said...

My blog today was about the pretty fall leaves. We're on the same wavelength!