Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sad post....lost a longtime family "puppy"



I've always called them "puppies" - I don't know why. They were obtained in the fall of 1995, Robert was 6 and Richard was 5 - from a "free puppies" ad in the local paper. So they stayed "puppies" to me. I guess it's like your kids are always your "babies", aren't they?

I found Princess, the last of the kid's pups, in the garage this morning - still warm with life.

Peaceful.

Richard buried her beside her litter-mate, Goldie, this morning in the edge of the woods.....

Last photo of her - don't know if you can see it, but it was just after the snow last week - she had been out and had snowflakes melting on her coat....

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

Oh no - that is so sad - I'm all teary-eyed...

Love,

T

~ Denise ~ said...

Oh, Karen...{{hugs}}

I was just thinking this morning how much I love my puppies. I am sure your puppies have brought you much joy, comfort and companionship. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Just Marianne said...

Karen, that is so sad. On to another place where the fields go forever and forever. I am sure you have some good memories as the boys were growing up.
Marianne

p.s. my little black kitty is still with us but quite frail :-(

Elizabeth said...

Sorry about Princess. Glad it was a peaceful passing. Still leaves a void but good memories with them and the 'boys'. E