Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Book club!

Last night was our monthly book club meeting. We rotate around to each others houses - this month it was at Marianne's (Just Marianne!). As a treat, she served us some wonderful homemade wine and a yummy banana cheescake - I know, not on my diet - but sometimes you just gotta!

Oh, and the book of the month was The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Good book - sort of a tragedy told from the family dog's perspective.

Here are the lovely ladies! I'm off to the left and not visible in the photo...




Next month's book - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - looking forward to that one, hear it's a pretty good book.

3 comments:

Just Marianne said...

ya beat me to it! So I guess Jim was taking pics with your camera too and then got mine. I was wondering how you go this pic! It was fun and thanks for coming. We need a name!!

affectioknit said...

Hey K - bring your leftovers to Mom's - I had good fun with some of your reads from last year...

Love,

T

Karen said...

hey t - yes, i was planning on that! love, k