Saturday, July 25, 2009

The new car arrives

We were off to Fayetteville yesterday morning to pick up the new car....strangely, I was a bit sentimental about letting the old Blazer go....254,000 miles! Of course, it has most recently been a "courtesy car" at the Siler City Airport - but we bought it new in 1991. It moved with us to Boca Raton when the boys were 1 & 2, back to New Hill, then on to Pittsboro!! Many, many happy trips in that old vehicle! I think Robert was a little sad to see it go also - it was his first "hand-me-down" car when he was in high school.

We were happy to make it to Fayetteville -we were a little afraid to drive it that far in 4 wheel drive. One of the requirements of the CARS program is that the car must be in "drivable" condition.....we were a little afraid that it would "give up" 2 miles from the dealership.

Oh well, we move on! Off to the crusher for you, faithful steed (per the government requirements of the program, the dealer has to crush the old cars.)




Here we are - nice, little car. It's got leather interior and the "sport handling" package. We drove home on the curviest road we have (I know, you mountain people would laugh at me calling that a curvy road!) Very nice feel. I think I will enjoy!



Another view - we're off to the boat for the weekend!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is a cute little car. Maybe we'll see it soon. E

Karen said...

yep! i'll come up when sis gets there - is it OK to stay with you?

love, k

affectioknit said...

What a nice new car!!! I had to laugh because there are NO CURVES in ND... haha

Just Marianne said...

You driving out to my house on Tuesday?

Just Marianne said...

I meant were you driving the new car out to my house on Tuesday!!

Karen said...

hey marianne - yes, of course! see you then. i've got to review the book - because it seems like i read it ages ago....

Elizabeth said...

Sure, you can stay here. MOM