Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's State Fair Time Again!

I volunteered (or I WAS volunteered, depending on how you remember it....) to work at the Kiwanis Ham Biscuit booth at the NC State Fair again this year.

Unfortunately, I was only able to work the Thursday daytime shift because of our upcoming trip to Omaha and other things going on the next 10 days....

It was opening day - and very rainy and gray. We were there at 7AM setting up.


This was before the fair actually opened. Strange to see the Fairgrounds virtually deserted.


After getting everything situated for the day, we actually had lots of free time. Not too many customers yet.....that will change as the day/week goes. This is the Kiwanis biggest fundraiser for the year.



Lindy and I actually took advantage of a lull in business to wander a bit. I only had my phone with me to take photos.....by 3pm I was pretty tired of standing in one place!!


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

It is very pretty in the rain and empty like that - kinda weird though - we always used to go to the one in Columbia SC - lots of fun for Scout - we've not been to an ND one yet - and MN has theirs year round - at Valley Fair - like an amusement park - they have an actual state fair too...

Love,

T

see you in a couple - YAY!

Miranda said...

Awwwwwwwwww the bunny is just tooo cuuuuute! I love seeing all the bunnies though they don't look very happy usually!

Rich & I are going to the fair tomorrow! Or rather, I intend to drag him there tomorrow! =P