Thursday, October 21, 2010

Omaha!

I made it to Omaha uneventfully - Duane will follow in a few days because of work....

Because Duane wasn't going to travel out with me, I decided to change my flights and head out early.....and following is a map showing how Continental Airlines routed me...seems ridiculous! But, I just read,relaxed and enjoyed myself for the uneventful 9 hours!



We took off at O-Dark-Thirty! Pretty sunrise.


Sun still rising as we approached the very fall-like Cleveland.


Next up was a sprawling Houston airport. 15 minutes of taxi time to get to the terminal!


And Omaha at last! A much bigger city than I was expecting.


We immediately started exploring - our hotel is right in the old downtown section.



Cool brick roads are everywhere.


There's a wonderful park nearby


Pretty fall colors

Ended up the evening with a dip in the hot-tub! More later!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I'll bet you guys are having so much fun! Send me and Rich a postcard if you can! =D

Karen said...

hey m! yes, we are! love, k