Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Motorcycle!

I searched my photos, and can't find a single photo of my "previous life" that shows my "motorcycle days"....but, honestly, I really did ride a Honda 175 street bike between 1978 and 1982. Duane had a Kawasaki 185 about the same time-frame. We had them at NC State because freshmen couldn't have cars on campus - Mom trailered them to the "big city" of Raleigh for us in the fall of 1980. Good times - grocery shopping with a milk crate strapped to the luggage rack....then we sold them - purchased a pristine 1978 Suzuki 550 when we were newlyweds (1982).

Kids and life got in the way - a few rides in the ensuing years.....

Amazing that you never forget how - same gear pattern - no help necessary - had a nice cruise around the neighborhood on Richard's bike (he borrowed the pickup and left this in driveway!!)

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

I remember you riding a motorcycle...all the way out to RTP too...scary eh?...

Love,

T

Miranda said...

I still think it's death on two wheels...

Haha, the giant helmet on you does crack me up! A little better of a fit on Richard, haha!