Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunday Dinner in Hendersonville!

We had missed visiting with Granny and Cordy when we were home for my high school reunion....Granny invited us up for lunch on Sunday. And it was a beautiful day for it!

Leaving the house - all is still pretty much green down our way.



I know, the photos never do the pretty leaves justice....here we are approaching Asheville.  It really was pretty - the leaves started changing to pretty yellows and reds as we passed Rutherfordton and the foothills. 



Landed at the smaller Hendersonville airport - Cordy arrived a few minutes later to pick us up.


The Hendersonville airport is a bit small compared to most of the airports we fly into. Duane, of course, always does a nice job no matter what kind of airport. (I usually choose calm days, good visibility and long runways for my flights!!)

Here is a photo of an airplane landing over the pretty trees....I think they need a good trim, myself!


After a very yummy lunch and a little harvesting from their huge garden, it was time to head back home for some Sunday chores....Granny and Cordy seeing us off....


Oh, and here's my "loot" from the trip!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Another fun trip! I've been out to the garden one last time too...I'll do a big root vegetable post...can't seem to get Scout to quit saying rut for root...funny...

Love,

T