Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Come with me to Taiwan Day 1 and 2

I'm saying this is "day 1 and day 2"....it's really just one great big travel day, but it encompasses 2 actual days. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it!

Duane had a business trip to Taiwan, so of course I had to tag along!!

Every trip overseas starts at the airport - first flight was a short one to Detroit, so we were on a fairly small plane first.   (Sorry for the distortion, but these were taken thru the weird windows at the airport).




But the long leg was in a 747. All these trips we've taken I've never been on a 747. Duane has, but I was always on some Airbus or other plane.


 

Boy, I envy the people up in the business and first class sections! Since the trip was fairly last-minute, the plane was full and we didn't get very good seats. Oh well, such is life and we made the best of it. The plane's interior was actually brand new with nice inter-active screens for every seat. Here is a screen I often looked at during the flight - the moving map of where the plane is.




Note the upper right hand value....yep, that's 14 hours and 5 minutes....and that was just the flight from Detroit to Tokyo - we had another 3 hour "hop" into Taiwan.





You know "you're not in Kansas anymore" when the airport screens look like this!




They actually do a pretty good job of having most signs in English also.   Off to the hotel in a hire-car....about a 30  minute drive into downtown Taipei.  Boy, we were whipped! 




1 comment:

affectioknit said...

get some rest...then post a bunch more pictures....

Love,

T