Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Veggies and basil!

It's that time of the year again, isn't it??

Dick and Lindy are being generous with their excess produce, of course....(the tomatoes are from my vines - in their garden!)



Lindy has a HUGE basil plant - she encouraged  me to take all I wanted.....so I snipped off quite a lot!

I've rinsed it and here I'm letting it dry a bit.  Isn't it lovely - it smelled fabulous! 



After it was mostly dry - I stripped off the leaves and placed on wax paper on a cookie sheet.



Into the freezer!!


A few hours later - quickly pulled it out of the freezer all crispy.



And then into a big baggie.....then quickly, while it was still frozen - I crushed it - balled it up - hit it with my hands - rolled a glass over it like a rolling pin.



 And this is what's left!   Just perfect flakes - much fresher than the dried variety.



Spaghetti for dinner!!  It was really yummy!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I'm really jealous...but one of our neighbor's parents have a garden and she brought me squash (yellow) cucumbers and tomatoes...so that was a nice summery meal...

Love,

T