Saturday, October 14, 2006

My oldest child stole my camera, so I can't post any photos today....speaking of which - Robert is taking his SAT again today in Raleigh. He has already taken the SAT last year - and scored a 1400 by the old method ( - he scored 2000 including the essay portion). This should be plenty good enough to get him into NC State along with his 4.0 GPA - yes, I'm bragging a bit. He, however, was dissappointed in this score and wants to see if he can get a better score. Keep in mind that he has already turned in his State application - and I think that they could care less - or maybe not even ever see this second score. Waste of $42 if you ask me, course, nobody asked me except to ask me for the $42!!!

Duane and Richardo are working on his Explorer today. Haven't heard what the trouble is yet, hope it's nothing major. Duane's original assessment was that it's just a blown headgasket, hoping that it's not a busted head. I am at the airport now since my weekend guy needed the day off to do something with his kid. It's been a really quiet day at the airport and I'm a bit bored. Only a few more hours - the weather is nice but the pilots aren't flying for some reason today.

I spent Friday doing some "spring-fall" cleaning at the house. Ended up organizing my closet for the first time in years. Also blew out all the grit/dog hairs/etc. out of the garage. Makes things seem so much nicer - it's a pity that I can't motivate myself to keep it that way all the time. Guess hiring a maid might work...

Don't think I've mentioned this lately - Robert is working on his Eagle Project now - has to get it finished before his 18th birthday (wow - 18 years - wow). He's building a big trophy case for the band at the high school. He goes before the BandBoosters Monday night to ask for $$. Hopefully, they will come thru since I don't want him coming to momma asking for $$!!!

Well, enough for today!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

I hope the car is nothing major - and tell Robert good luck with his Eagle project. My little planner aka Man-Cub is already asking what might be a good Eagle project - hmmmm. Let's just try working on our Bear acheivements for now.

Love,

T