Thursday, October 19, 2006

Well, I definitely don't do anything interesting enough for a daily post!! Monday, I can't think of anything interesting I did except play poker in the evening. Tuesday I had an employee getting a root canal, so I had to work all day....ugh....having to work an entire 8 hour day is rough!! On top of that, I then had to attend a quarterly "Airport Authority" meeting. Politics! Thought I got away from that when I left IBM.

Wednesday was kindof interesting....we had a TFR - Temporary Flight Restriction over both Siler City and Asheboro Airports due to Pres. Bush coming to Greensboro. This meant that no general aviation airplanes could take-off/land at Greensboro Airport all day long. They could, however, come to Asheboro or Siler CIty under a strict set of rules. We ended up having quite a few flights diverted to us - the most interesting of which was the Richard Petty race team jet. It is normally based at Greensboro Airport. They apparently wanted to depart while the TFR was in place, so they flew their jet down to Asheboro before the Pres. came to town. They ended up taking Kyle Petty somewhere. They were really nice and bought $1500 of fuel, so it's all good!

I guess today was a little interesting also - had the CEO of Red Hat fly in a helicopter to Siler City. He seemed real nice also - 'course all I usually see is a cheerful hello as they de-plane and head inside! So, it beats sitting in meetings at IBM by a landslide!

Oh, Richard's truck was back on the road Monday with just a replaced head-gasket. Something else is wrong, but I guess they (Duane and Richard) will figure it out this weekend....a couple of more issues and I suspect Duane will volunteer to get him a better car. This spending your weekends working on old cars is kindof a pain at this juncture in life!!

Robert went Monday to the Band Boosters and got them to pledge $300 towards his Eagle Scout project (a trophy case that will house the Band's trophies). He thinks it will cost about $1000, so he's got to come up with funding quick!

So there you have it- my week in a nutshell - and no photos, Robert still has my camera! We're off to the boat this weekend - looks like it will be a pleasant but cool weekend.

See ya!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - that is a pretty interesting week - never a dull moment - and don't think that it has to be interesting - I just blog -

Love ya.