Sunday, October 29, 2006





Thought you might like to see how my peppers ended up after a few weeks drying. Kindof pretty. I plan on using them to drop in a pot of chili during the winter. Right now, they're still a little soft and rubbery - if they dry completely, I'll crush some and keep in an old spice jar.


I am going to go to Grandma's tomorrow for a couple of days. Mom says she is not eating again and is very weak. Mary, the lady who has cleaned Grandma's house in the past will be there until 2:30PM tomorrow, so I need to be there before then. I'll stay "on duty" until 7AM or so the next morning when Mary comes back. Mom says I won't get much sleep - Grandma apparently doesn't sleep much even during the night. I'll update this as soon as I get a chance. I plan to stay a couple of days - I need to be back for my one "required" workday - Thursday.

I decided to bake some of my "Garbage Cookies" to take with me - maybe a silly idea, but I thought I might be able to get Grandma to take a bite or two....















Robert is working each weekend with various Scouts to build his Eagle Project - which is a trophy case for the marching band at school - did I say that already? Robert is not supposed to actually be doing the work, but showing leadership to the volunteers. The trophy case is actually going to be quite large - 12' long and 8' tall. He has worked pretty hard to organize the plan, bill of materials, and get the approvals & donations. I guess that is as it should be for an Eagle Project!
I tried to upload a photo, but there must be a limit....wouldn't let me insert another one. I'll load some more another time.

See ya!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey K,

I think the cookies are a great idea - who could resist a garbage cookie - not me for sure. Hope you have a good visit with Grandma - and make her eat.

Love ya,

T