Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hey, I forgot to upload yesterday's dinner photos....my neighbors, Dick and Lindy have a fall garden and let me share greens & turnips. Here is the arugula and turnips. I love the peppery flavor of the arugula - I 'd never heard of it before Lindy gave me some. I think they eat it raw in salad, but it's a bit bitter for me to do that. Lindy doesn't like turnips, so they've given me lots...




All I do with the greens is chop them up and boil them quickly. I use some olive oil to brown some garlic - then I "spin" the greens dry - and toss it all together in a big pan and just sear it a bit. I use stems and all - it steams really tender.











The turnips are just boiled with some salt...

This would have been a really nutritious meal - except I got out a bag of frozen garbage cookies and had 2 after dinner!! Oh well, they were yummy too!

Better go for now...love, K

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - I see you figured out the private blog thingy. I love the Vegan meal - greens and turnips - although our beets did really well, our turnips did not - the cabbage moths ate most of the leaves and the roots didn't develop too well after that. I canned 5 more pints of pickled beets last night. I'll get them all done eventually - I've still got to freeze my onions too.
Love ya,

T