Thursday, November 09, 2006

I think I got my Christmas present early - a new laptop! My old laptop had gotten a little "broken" - the screen didn't like to stay illuninated 100% of the time....something in the hinge was "loose" and it would occasionally blackout the screen....then I'd have to "fuss" with it to get the screen to come back. A real pain - and it was getting worse & worse. So, I shopped around on the Lenovo employee purchase site - yes, IBM employees get to take advantage of the Lenovo employee pricing - at least for now! I ended up getting a wide-screen Z60m model - I love it! It's really clear & bright. It also has a DVD read-write - which my other machine did not have. Haven't used it yet, but it will be nice if I want to.

So, I've spent the last couple of days transfering files and getting this machine set up the way I want it. Now the only problem is that my passwords aren't stored on this machine, so every website I visit that requires a password - I have go find info I haven't accessed in a good while.

We're supposed to go to the boat this weekend, but we may end up staying home to work on the boys' cars (is that the proper punctuation? plural possesive or something like that??) Both of their cars are having transmission problems - and we're going to have to make a fix/buy new(used) soon! Well, we've promissed Robert a "good" car for college - so that will be an easy decision. It would just be nice if we could eek out a few more months out of the old' Blazer!

How's that for exciting? OK, so not really....

That's all for now - later!!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey,

I hope the cars work out OK.

T