Friday, January 26, 2007

Here's to our "adult" son!



Happy Birthday Robert! That's probably the last little cake that has the correct number of candles for him! I got a little Carvel Ice Cream Cake - yum! The ice cream is truely delicious.

For his 18th bday we are getting him a car - Grandma's car, to be exact. She decided she didn't want to drive anymore, so we're buying her Subaru Forester for him. He originally didn't really want it - it's not sporty enough. After months of searching for a sports car (that wasn't really a good idea from Mom & Dad's perspective...) he finally succumbed (spelling??) to pressure from the parents to get a more practical vehicle! The little car only has 24K miles and Grandma has always taken it to the dealer for maintenance, so we feel like it will be a good car for his college days.

Mom and Frank are coming down to visit this weekend, and they are bringing the car - actually, Mom is bringing the car, and Frank is going to fly down - so it will work out nicely.

Gotta run!

Love, K

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

I think that's a perfect car for Robert - I like the little Subaru and if he wants me to anthropomorphize for him - he can call it Susan Baru - I hope he got a little pressie from me in the mail too.

Love,

T

Karen said...

ha ha - I'll tell Robert what to name "her" - yes, the letter arrived yesterday, but I forgot to give it to him. He's at All District Band today and tomorrow - busy boy! I'll make sure he gets it. See ya, K