Monday, January 08, 2007

We went up to Kevin and Debbie's this weekend for the McCraw "late Christmas" party. Looks like everyone is pretty happy here!



Duane's mom gave me a beautiful applique (is that spelled correctly??) wallhanging. I'll have to get a photo of it.

We had a nice visit and made a quick trip home. It was fun driving on the mountain road between Marion and Spruce Pine!

I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but my ceramic tile in the kitchen floor has finally decided to pop up. One tile popped up and I thought I could just take a few tiles up to clean it all up (and then just glue them back down...) Wrong! The whole floor ended up coming up - ugh...




I guess the good thing is that now I get to choose some new, different tile to replace it. The old stuff has the cement still attached, and I'm not going to go to the trouble to remove it! I hunted out some of the old ceramic tile tools in the basement...didn't ever expect to use them again! Luckily, one of our neighbors has a electric tile cutter - so the job won't be too hard. Some of our original tile work I cut shapes with a rod-saw by hand! The wet-saw is a vast improvement. Still not looking forward to it, but the plywood floor is getting old!

Gotta run, see ya!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Ah - the fond memories I have of tile work - NOT! Haha - I really do have some fond memories of tile work - wish I could be there to help.

Love ya,

T