Sunday, November 16, 2008

A forum that I regularly look at had the following post:


Pages: 1
tangerine3
Traveler


Joined: 10/26/06
Posts: 106
Loc: Lutz, FL
counting flowers on the wall
#917472 - 11/16/08 07:40 PM (96.228.231.218)

"counting flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all, playing solitaire till dawn, with a deck of 51, smoking cigarettes, and watching captain kangaroo, now don't tell me I've nothing to do."

Sorry can't thing of anything but going on vacation. now anyone that can name who sings that we'll buy them a drink.

--------------------





I didn't reply, someone else will be buying him a drink.....

but it got me to thinking about the Statler Brothers. After my sis wrote about a Marty Robbins tune....I was intrigued enough to go look at the Statler Brothers tunes - I was amazed how many of them are familiar to me - really nice songs. Here are some of them:

Flowers on the Wall
Bed of Roses
Do you remember these?
The Class of '57
Elizabeth
Hello Mary Lou

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

That's funny - of course I remember - I can't believe you're going to BVI again - is it the same group?

Love,

T

Karen said...

no, we're not planning a trip to bvi this next season. i still read some of the forums though...i think our plans are to sail our boat up into the chesapeake area for a couple of weeks this spring.

sharon and buddy may join us, but that would be all.

love, k